How to start website development?
Website development is a multi-stage process and involves proper planning, from an idea formulation to project release.
First, it is necessary to make a technical description of an entire project. Compile TOR document and involve all of the necessary information. Compile the draft version of the project structure. There are also key factors that should be taken into account when creating TOR & how to select a web development company.
The following concepts should be included in the TOR document:
- Background Information and Rationale
- Structure of the proposal
- Structure of the project
- Scope of work
- Guiding principles
- Professional qualifications
- Deliverables and schedule
- Budget and payment
It defines all aspects of how the development team conducts the entire process, outlines the responsibilities of both sides, provides a clear description of the resources. Developing a well-specified TOR might be critical in step in managing.
Choosing the right web partner
A business partnership, like any long-term relationship, needs to be built on mutual trust and open communication you need a partner to be someone that you can share your hopes and dreams of your company.
Before tendering an RFP, set clear goals that will help to figure out the tools and functionals that will allow you to implement your website. If you want to get long-term solutions you do not need to save by turning to inexperienced freelancers. The advantage of working with professional web companies is that a whole team works on the preparation of the website, programmers, designers, project managers, copywriters, QE-s. Take into account the experience, study the work done by the company, scan the portfolios.
How to work with IT professionals
First of all, it is necessary to get an idea of the tasks and mission of the site. Write on paper the ideas of what the future website should be like. Based on these ideas and discussions, the web studio should set out the requirements in detail in the TOR.
- Provide examples of websites, the positive aspects that you think the designer should pay attention to.
- If you have a brand-style, logo, the design should be based on your brand book.
- The studio should present a few examples of design, from which you can choose the most optimal.
- Try to discuss design changes before the kick-off.
The concept of "web design" can be interpreted in different ways. This service can be used to integrate a ready-made design into a free WordPress CMS: Or design with the copyright. Before starting the work, it is necessary to discuss all the nuances of the services, make a TOR and a contract, record all the responsibilities of the parties, the term of the maintenance guarantee.
- Carefully read the company's price list, focus on the services. Does the price include website design, content creation, and SEO optimization? Certainly cost should be a factor when choosing a web firm, but not the only one.
- The low prices offered by web companies are often justified by the fact that some necessary services must be ordered separately.
- Read the terms of the contract in detail.
Was this article helpful?