Twitter ended up pricing its IPO
Twitter ended up pricing its IPO above the range of $23-$25 a share. The $26 IPO price valued Twitter at $14.2 billion. in 2013 the company was tended to raise $1.8 billion.
The real story of twitter
Twitter was created by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, Noah Glass, and Evan Williams in 2006 and launched in that year. By 2012, 100 million+ users posted 340 mln tweets a daily and the service handled 1.6 billion search queries per day
Like Facebook social networking service, Twitter was originally created for internal, limited use. The author, Jack Dorsey, intended to create a service that would allow users to communicate with friends via short messages. The first Twitter users became Odeo employees. On July 15, 2006, Twitter went beyond the company, became widely available, and in 2007, was already an independent company.
- Today twitter has 206 million monetizable active users worldwide. from which 73% of users are from the USA.
- 500 million tweets are posted per day
- Tweets have the shortest lifespan of any social media post, about 18 minutes
- average time spent on twitter -3.39 min per session
- Twitter takes third place over the most popular social media apps
Was this article helpful?